Skills Certificate, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security
This certificate prepares students to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification exams. This certification validates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
This program is not eligible for financial aid. However, it may be eligible for scholarship funding if the student is awarded scholarships.
Recommended Course Schedule
|CSCO 120||CCNA Internetworking Fundamentals (Certificate)||4|
|CSCO 121||CCNA Routing and Switching Essentials (Certificate)||4|
|CSCO 230||Fundamentals of Network Security (Certificate)||4|
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|CSCO 120||CCNA Internetworking Fundamentals||4|
|CSCO 121||CCNA Routing and Switching Essentials||4|
|CSCO 230||Fundamentals of Network Security||4|
Students completing the certificate will:
- Perform basic configurations of network devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot routing in a small routed network.
- Identify basic security threats and vulnerabilities for a given network and apply necessary security measures to prevent a possible network compromise.