Regulations Concerning Off-Campus Organizations
Organizations that are not affiliated with TMCC must request approval from to conduct activities or events on the campus.
- Procedures for presentation of programs or activities
The presentation of programs or activities that are open to the entire college population including the student body and the staff require that the sponsor adhere to the following procedures.
- The sponsor must submit a request to the Scheduling Office outlining appropriate details regarding the planned programs.
- The program must be presented for review by the College president if the nature of the program, event or activity is not covered by TMCC and Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) policy and/or if the vice president of academic affairs feels it is an important issue for the president and the president’s cabinet to be aware of the proposed activity.
- TMCC may charge a rental and/or activity fee to off-campus organizations. These rates are applied according to campus rental and activity fee schedules. This rate can be waived by the president or the Chief Advancement Office and Executive Director of the Foundation.
- Reservation of facilities for meetings or other purposes
- The sponsor of an approved program must reserve the desired facility in accordance with campus policy and availability based on facility space. Determination of the availability of the facility and reservation confirmation shall be made by the scheduling office.
- Facilities are normally available during the regular operational hours of the College. However, facility use on days and hours when the College is not offering instructional programs is possible. The Scheduling Office will forward these requests to the President’s office for approval. The College can require the organization to pay an additional fee for special supervision and security in these instances.
- Programs must be implemented in a manner so as not to constitute interference with the instructional programs or general college operations. With prior approval and arrangement facilitated through the Scheduling Office, TMCC-provided sound amplification equipment may be permitted in the plaza, the student center and SIER 108. Bullhorns are not permitted except by designated personnel in case of an emergency.
- The College regulations governing the distribution of printed and manufactured materials is designed to permit maximum freedom of expression and to prevent attempts to coerce or intimidate students into buying or receiving printed materials.
- Organizations desiring to distribute printed and manufactured material on campus must identify the organization and request approval from the Director of Retention and Support Programs.
- Distribution of any non-college related material in classrooms is expressly prohibited.
- Advertising material may not be distributed at TMCC without approval and inclusion of the following disclaimer:
Note: The contents of this document do not reflect the opinions or endorsement by Truckee Meadows Community College; not printed or distributed at TMCC expense; delivery beyond drop-box level is optional.
- Materials may be distributed only in the designated areas, the atrium or at scheduled meetings.
- Tables may be set up in authorized areas. Requests must be submitted to the Scheduling Office. Tables may not be scheduled for periods longer than one week at a time. These tables and the distribution of materials must not obstruct or delay traffic. Organizations distributing materials will be asked to keep noise at a level that does not interfere with or interrupt classroom instruction.
- Tables must be staffed at all times and a placard identifying the organization must be displayed. Vendors may not wander from the reserved space and/or actively solicit customers.
- Written material of any kind is not to be distributed in parking areas. Such distribution of materials on the windshields of cars or any locations that results in littering may be considered by the College as a violation of the littering law and the distributor and/or company or organization responsible for the distribution may be subject to a fine as determined by campus policy.
- The collection of signatures for petitions or request for completion of surveys is subject to the same regulations as those which govern distribution of materials. Such matters should be submitted to the Director of Student Activities and Leadership.
- TMCC has a fee structure in the rental of space for the purpose of distributing material on campus. Rates will be assessed by the Scheduling Office.
- Prior to scheduling, the organization requesting the activity must submit proof of liability insurance for the minimum amount of $1,000,000 to the Scheduling Office.
- Request for space and distribution of material(s)/form(s) must be made at least ten working days prior to the planned event.
- Fund raising on campus
College facilities may not be used for the purpose of raising monies to aid projects not related to some authorized activity of the College or College group(s) without the permission of the President. No efforts at conversion and solicitation by uninvited non-campus groups or individuals will be permitted on campus.
- Posting of materials
Permission may be granted to post materials on a space-available basis to educational institutions or public service agencies to announce activities and events.
- All materials to be posted must be approved by the Public Information Office, RDMT 201 and stamped at the Dandini Campus RDMT 315.
- All materials must clearly designate the sponsoring organization.
- Material may be authorized for posting only on bulletin boards located outside classrooms. Any material posted in unauthorized locations or without stamped approval is subject to removal.
- Material may be posted on designated bulletin boards only. Material may not be posted on doors, windows, painted surfaces, classrooms, or reserved bulletin boards. Sponsors are responsible for the removal of their material after the expiration date or once the material becomes obsolete. Any obsolete material may be removed by any member of the College staff.
- The number and size of posters any one organization may post is subject to limitation.