Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) General Service
The ASE General Service Skills Certificate will introduce students to the theory and fundamental principles of automotive and light truck maintenance and repair procedures. Students will diagnose and repair various engine, steering, suspension, and brake systems. This general service skills certificate will help prepare students to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Engine Repair (A1), Steering and Suspension (A4), and Automotive Brakes (A5) exams. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Identify, test, and interpret failed engine systems and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed steering, suspension, and brake systems, and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures used in general automotive systems diagnoses and repair.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AUTO 136||Engine Repair||5|
|AUTO 145||Automotive Brakes||5|
|AUTO 150||Steering and Suspension Systems||5|