Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Diesel Technician: Heavy Duty (HD) Diesel Engines
The Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Diesel Technician. Heavy Duty Diesel Engines Skills Certificate will prepare students for entry-level positions as diesel technicians for heavy duty diesel engines. Students will diagnose, adjust, and repair heavy duty diesel engines. The heavy duty diesel engines skills certificate will help prepare students to take the ASE- Diesel Engines (T2) exam. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Analyze and apply the proper heavy duty diesel engines diagnoses, rebuild, and repair procedures.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed heavy duty diesel engine components, and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Analyze and apply appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures in the workplace.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|DT 100||Introduction to Diesel Technologies||2|
|DT 101||Basic Diesel Engines||4|
|DT 210||Advanced Diesel Engines||4|
|DT 217||Electronic Diesel Fuel Injection||4|