Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Diesel Technician: Heavy Duty Power Trains
The Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Diesel Technician, Heavy Duty Power Trains Skills Certificate prepares students for entry-level positions as diesel technicians for medium-heavy truck drive trains. Students will diagnose, adjust and repair heavy duty transmission and power train components and equipment. The heavy duty power trains skills certificate will help prepare students to take the ASE Drive Train (T3) exam. This exam is part of the ASE T-Series Medium-Heavy Truck Certification Tests, a six-part series that may lead to a master medium-heavy truck technician status. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Analyze and apply the proper heavy duty drive and power train components, diagnosis, rebuild, and repair procedures.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed heavy duty drive and power train components, and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Analyze and apply appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures in the workplace.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|DT 100||Introduction to Diesel Technologies||2|
|DT 106||Heavy Duty Transmissions and Power Trains||4|
|DT 107||Heavy Duty Automatic Transmissions and Drive Trains||4|
|DT 235||Steering and Suspension||2|