Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Basic
The ASE Basic Skills Certificate will introduce students to the theory and fundamental principles of automotive and light truck maintenance and repair procedures. The skills certificate will help prepare students to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Auto Maintenance and Light Repair Certification Test (G1) and Automotive Electrical (A6) exams. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Identify, test, and interpret failed electrical systems and components, and formulate appropriate repair strategies.
- Identify and successfully perform the most common maintenance and light repair tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures used in automotive systems diagnoses and repair.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AUTO 101||Introduction to General Mechanics||4|
|AUTO 111||Automotive Electricity||4|
|AUTO 112||Automotive Electricity II||4|
|OSH 222||General Industry Safety||1|