Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-Diesel Technician: Basic
The Diesel Technician, Basic Skills certificate prepares students for entry-level positions as diesel technicians for medium-heavy duty truck repairs. Students will diagnose, adjust and repair medium-heavy duty systems, components, and circuits on medium-heavy duty vehicles. The Basic Skills Certificate will help prepare the students for the ASE brakes (T4) exam and the Preventive Maintenance Inspection Exam (T8). These exams are part of the ASE T-series Medium-Heavy Duty Truck Certification Tests, an eight-part series, that may lead to a master medium-heavy truck technician status. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
Students completing the certificate will:
- Analyze and apply the proper heavy-medium duty system components, diagnosis, rebuild, and repair procedures.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed heavy-heavy duty system components, and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Analyze and apply appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures in the workplace.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|DT 100||Introduction to Diesel Technologies||2|
|DT 105||Mobile Heating and Air Conditioning||3|
|DT 130||Heavy Duty Hydraulics||3|
|DT 201||Diesel Brakes and Pneumatics||3|
|DT 250||Preventive Maintenance||2|