Skills Certificate, Industrial Electricity 1
This skills certificate prepares students to take the PMMI Mechatronics Certifications Tests in the area of Industrial Electricity 1.
Students completing this certificate will:
- Apply theory of electricity and it's application in various technical areas and use basic electronic measurement instruments for circuit troubleshooting.
- Evaluate DC series and parallel circuits in component selections and circuit design and be able to demonstrate AC circuitry through simple experiments with tests equipment.
- Apply relationships and mathematical calculations of voltage, ohms, amperes, three-phase voltage, and current to analyze basic electrical/electronic circuits.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|ELM 110||Electrical/Electronic Circuits||4|
|ELM 127||Introduction to AC Controls||3|
|ELM 129||Electric Motors and Drives||3|