Skills Certificate, AutoCADD Architectural Drafting
The AutoCADD Architectural Drafting Skills Certificate is designed to enhance student's abilities in the AutoCADD computer-aided drafting program relevant to industry drafting standards, theories and preparation for the Nevada Residential Designer state licensing exam.
- Students will apply their knowledge of preparing architectural orthographic drawings by illustrating floor plans, roof plans, elevations and choose the most appropriate cross sectional views, line-work, drawing sheet size setup, dimensions, and construction notes.
- Students will experiment with basic mathematical operations by calculating various measurements, areas and scale conversions and compare them to different architectural design solutions.
- Students will choose and modify the most appropriate kitchen and bath layout theories as applied to architectural design problems.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AAD 180||Design Foundation I||3|
|AAD 181||Design Foundation I Discussion||3|
|AAD 223||Graphic Software for Arch, Const, Dsgnr, Planners||3|
|AAD 280||Fundamentals of Architecture Design I||3|