Skills Certificate, IT Specialty – Front End Developer
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
This program is a core component of the Tech Careers FastTrack program, preparing participants for Customer Success and Software Quality Assurance positions. These are the first steps in the career progression toward becoming a Software Developer. The program emphasizes functions of primary computer operating systems, basic coding and web-page development skills, technical communication, project management, and portfolio development. All classes in this certificate program can be applied toward a related Associates Degree.
- Students will be able to identify computer components, install and troubleshoot hardware components, and demonstrate knowledge of correct installation procedures for an operating system.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of software coding, including design and analysis of software.
- Students will create a well-designed, accessible web site that conforms to web standards, feature interlinked pages, and uses interactive features.
- Students will create scripts to retrieve and use data from a web form, securely store retrieved information in a database and use programming constructs such as conditional statements and repetition structures.
|CIT 114||IT Essentials||4|
|CIT 134||Beginning C# Programming||3|
|CIT 151||Beginning Web Development||3|
|CIT 152||Web Script Language Programming||3|
|CIT 251||Advanced Web Development||3|
|CIT 198||Special Topics in CIT||2|