Skills Certificate, Real Estate Salesperson
This program can be completed 100% online.
Students completing the skills certificate-real estate salesperson curriculum will learn about professional organizations, types of property, the law of agency, law of contracts, listing agreements, easements, estates in the land, forms of ownership, legal descriptions, taxation, liens, contract law, deeds, probate, title insurance, recording, financing, leases, property management, appraisal, land use, subdividing, fair housing, ethical practices and closing statements. Also included is a study of the appropriate Nevada Revised Statutes and their Administrative Codes. Successful completion of RE 101 and RE 103 along with the passage of the Nevada Real Estate Exam qualifies one to become a licensed real estate salesperson in Nevada.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Understand basic real estate processes and principles, their applicability and how they relate to each other.
- Understand and apply Nevada real estate law including statutes, regulations and codes and how real estate laws, principles and outcomes impact the real estate profession.
- Understand and apply Nevada's real estate agency disclosure laws and process.
- Have practical knowledge to understand and complete common real estate contracts.
Note: This degree/certificate leads to professional licensure. Licensing requirements vary by state/territory and relocating could impact whether you will meet eligibility requirements for licensure. Please visit our Professional Licensure Programs page for full details on State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|RE 101||Real Estate Principles||4|
|RE 103||Real Estate Law and Practice||4|