Student Organizations and Activities
Student Government Association (SGA) of TMCC
Location: Dandini Campus, Red Mountain Building 121
The SGA is comprised of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, two Chairs, and five student senators elected or appointed annually by the student body. The SGA meets regularly to serve the TMCC student body by:
- Serving as the official voice of the student body of TMCC;
- Providing student representation on college committees;
- Recommending action to the appropriate campus bodies or individuals on issues, programs and services affecting students;
- Reviewing requests for new student organizations and recognize those that meet specified requirements.
Any TMCC student interested in an opportunity to serve or volunteer on an activity or event should contact the SGA at 775-673-7203 for additional information.
SGA-recognized Clubs and Organizations
Student clubs and organizations may be formed if they have as their purpose one or more of the following objectives:
- To increase and stimulate the students’ knowledge and interest in their curricular field;
- To promote a feeling of fellowship among students with similar academic interests;
- To sponsor educational and recreational activities;
- To instill a feeling of unity and loyalty to the College.
All student organizations must have an approved advisor, a constitution or bylaws, and be approved by the SGA. TMCC students may also participate in specified clubs and organizations at the University of Nevada, Reno. More information about clubs at UNR can be obtained from the Center for Student Engagement Office at 775-784-6589.