Skills Certificate - Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-Master
The ASE master skills certificate will introduce students to the theory, diagnosis, and hands-on skills to service and repair light-duty vehicle climate control and air conditioning systems. Students will learn EPA-approved safety requirements for the handling of refrigerant, recovery, recycling, and recharge of the refrigerant system. Students will also be introduced to the basic fundamentals of diagnosis and repair of engine fuel and ignition systems, and computerized fuel injection control sensors and components. Students will be introduced to hybrid vehicle propulsion systems and service procedures. The engine performance skills certificate will help prepare students to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Heating and Air Conditioning (A7), and Engine Performance (A8) exams. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Identify, test, and interpret failed heating and air conditioning systems, and formulate appropriate repair strategies.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed engine, powertrain, and emission components, and formulate repair strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures used in engine performance diagnosis and repair.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AUTO 165||Auto Heating and Air Conditioning||5|
|AUTO 225||Engine Performance I||4|
|AUTO 227||Engine Performance II||4|
|AUTO 235||Engine Performance III||4|