Skills Certificate, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)-Diesel Technician: Electrical
The Diesel Technician, Electrical Skills certificate prepares students for entry-level positions as diesel technicians for medium-heavy duty truck electrical systems. Students will diagnose, adjust and repair electrical systems, components and circuits on medium-heavy duty vehicles. The Electrical skills certificate will help prepare the students for the ASE electrical (T6) exam. This exam is part of the ASE T-series Medium-Heavy Duty Truck Certification Tests, and eight-part series that may lead to a master medium-heavy truck technician status. Students must pass all course work with a score of 70% of higher.
Students completing the certificate will:
- Analyze and apply the proper heavy-medium duty electrical components, diagnosis, rebuild, and repair procedures.
- Identify, test, and interpret failed heavy-heavy duty electrical components, and apply appropriate repair strategies.
- Analyze and apply appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures in the workplace.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|DT 100||Introduction to Diesel Technologies||2|
|DT 102||Basic Heavy Duty Electrical Systems||4|
|DT 110||Heavy Duty Electrical Systems||3|