Skills Certificate - Welding: Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) & Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
The welding: flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) and gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) skills certificate will prepare students to take the American Welding Society (AWS) certified welding (CW) exams. Students will learn various cutting processes and develop manual skills using FCAW, GTAW, and plasma arc cutting (PAC) processes that comply with AWS standards, including critical safety procedures. Students will learn to fabricate simple parts from basic drawings, sketches, and technical plans. Students must pass all coursework with a score of 75% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Use the FCAW, GTAW, and plasma arc cutting processes to produce a variety of welds.
- Fabricate simple parts from basic drawings, sketches, and technical plans.
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace skills and tools, including the application of personal and mechanical safety measures for using welding equipment and techniques.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|WELD 231||Welding III||3|
|WELD 232||Welding III Practice||2|
|WELD 241||Welding IV||3|
|WELD 242||Welding IV Practice||2|