Skills Certificate - Commercial Refrigeration
The skills developed in this certificate program will help prepare students for entry level positions to install, service, or repair commercial refrigeration systems. Students will gain a basic knowledge of electrical systems and components, schematic reading, and troubleshooting techniques in commercial refrigerations. Students must pass all courses with a score of 70% or higher. This skills certificate will prepare students to take certification exams for: HVAC/R Excellence-Electrical and HVAC/R Excellence-Commercial Refrigeration.
Students completing the certificate will:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair commercial refrigeration units.
- Identify, explain, and apply design techniques to commercial Refrigeration systems.
- Identify, explain, and apply service and repair techniques to commercial refrigeration systems.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AC 102||Refrigeration Theory||3|
|AC 107||Electrical and Controls for HVAC||6|
|AC 113||Schematic Reading for HVAC/R||3|
|AC 150||Basic Refrigeration Servicing||6|
|AC 200||Commercial Refrigeration I||6|