HVAC Installer, Skills Certificate
The HVAC Installer Skill Certificate will help prepare students for entry-level positions as either residential or commercial installers. Students will gain a basic knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical refrigeration systems, and sheet metal.
The skills certificate will prepare students to take the certification exams for: ©HVAC/R Excellence-Electrical and ©HVAC/R Excellence-Heating, Electrical, Air, Technology (H.E.A.T.). Students must pass all courses with a score of 70% or higher.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Identify, explain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems and controls in HVAC/R systems and controls
- Demonstrate the operation of the mechanical refrigeration cycle, its components and their function.
- Identify and use drawing equipment appropriately to produce actual sheet metal work
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|AC 102||Refrigeration Theory||3|
|AC 107||Electrical and Controls for HVAC||6|
|AC 121||Sheet Metal I||3|