Computer Information Technology, Skills Certificate
Cybersecurity Skills Preparation
This certificate is designed to provide the knowledge and skills recommended by the National Security Agency for 2 year college programs. It provides foundational cybersecurity skills and preparation for professional certifications, such as Security +, that are recognized by the Department of Defense.
Students completing the certificate will:
- List the fundamental concepts of the Information Assurance / Cyber Defense discipline and describe how they can be used to provide system security.
- Describe cyber defense tools, methods and components.
- Describe and apply cyber defense methods to prepare a system to repel attacks.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|CIT 112||Network +||3|
|CIT 114||IT Essentials||4|
|CIT 173||Introduction to Linux||3|
|CS 151||Introduction to Cybersecurity||3|
|CS 252||Digital Forensics Fundamentals||3|
|CS 135||Computer Science I||3|