Skills Certificate - Cisco Certification: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security Preparation
This certificate prepares students to take the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security certification exams. This certification validates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats.
These courses may not transfer to a baccalaureate degree of art or science within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Students completing the certificate will:
- Perform basic configurations of network devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot routing in a small routed network.
- Identify basic security threats and vulnerabilities for a given network and apply necessary security measures to prevent a possible network compromise.
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
|CSCO 120||CCNA Internetworking Fundamentals||4|
|CSCO 121||CCNA Routing and Switching Essentials||4|
|CSCO 230||Fundamentals of Network Security||4|
|CSCO 120||CCNA Internetworking Fundamentals (Certificate)||4|
|CSCO 121||CCNA Routing and Switching Essentials (Certificate)||4|
|CSCO 230||Fundamentals of Network Security (Certificate)||4|