Skills Certificate, IT Specialty – Back End Developer
Skills Certificates provide training for entry level positions or career advancement and are designed to prepare students to take state, national and/or industry-recognized certifications or licensing exams. Skills certificates are awarded upon completion of coursework and marked on a student's transcripts at the end of the semester (Student are unable to declare intent to complete a skills certificate.) Skills Certificates are not eligible for Financial Aid.
To earn a skills certificate, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college
IT Specialty - Back End Developer allows students to develop an understanding of computer functions; master basic web design skills; and develop advanced programming and database development skills. This program provides the foundation for careers and/or further study in computer programming, software development, cybersecurity and other related technology fields
- Students will be able to identify computer components, install and troubleshoot hardware components, and demonstrate knowledge of correct installation procedures for an operating system.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of software coding, including design and analysis of software.
- Students will create a well-designed, accessible web site that conforms to web standards, feature interlinked pages, and uses interactive features.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of essential database design skills to include queries and table creation using SQL.
- Students will design and implement program problem solutions involving generic methods, sequential access file processing and using dynamic data structures.
|CIT 114||IT Essentials||4|
|CIT 134||Beginning C# Programming||3|
|CIT 151||Beginning Web Development||3|
|CIT 180||Database Concepts and SQL||3|
|CIT 234||Advanced C# Programming||3|
|CIT 198||Special Topics in CIT||2|