Associate of Arts Degree
This program can be completed 100% online.
The Associate of Arts degree is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university for a baccalaureate degree. Satisfactory completion of the degree guarantees fulfillment of lower-division general education requirements at UNR, UNLV, or NSC. Students who intend to transfer to other institutions should consult an advisor or follow the catalog of the transfer institution.
Students completing the degree will:
- Be prepared to transfer to college and university baccalaureate programs with junior standing.
- Complete TMCC’s general education transfer requirements.
- Acquire the knowledge, skills, and values consistent with a liberal arts education.
- Acquire the knowledge of the subject matter appropriate to their academic emphasis.
AA/AS degrees are designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university.
To earn an AA/AS degree, students must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (see requirements for graduation.)
- Complete a minimum of 15 units within the college.
- Satisfy General Education requirements for the AA/AS.
- Have no financial or library obligation to the college.
|General Education Requirements 2|
|Science (Lab Required)||6|
|Additional College Requirements|
|Foreign Language 3||0-14|
|U.S. and Nevada Constitutions|||
|Elective Requirements 5||22-36|
See the approved General Education page for a complete of courses.
Options to Complete the Foreign Language Requirement:
Students who have proficiency in a foreign language that is equivalent to that of students who have completed four semesters of college-level foreign language may be eligible to waive this requirement. Students will be required to provide appropriate documentation to the department to support this claim. Contact the Humanities department at 775-674-7945 or TMCC Academic Advising at 775-673-7062 for information.
May also be used to satisfy another General Education, Degree/Emphasis, or Elective requirement.
Any approved university transfer course will fulfill the elective units. Check TMCC course descriptions for transfer status to a baccalaureate degree of arts within the universities in the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE).
Note: If you know your major, print the NSHE Transfer Agreements online. Major requirements will satisfy elective units.